Lip Sync Contest
1. Performers may be solo or duet, no group performances. You can only sign-up to compete once. Check in time is 2:30 pm. Contest begins at 3:00 pm. If you are not signed in by 2:40 pm your spot will be forfeited.
2. Maximum time limit for your performance is 3 minutes, 30 seconds.
3. If stage sets or other significant props are used, contestants are allowed 2 minutes for set up and 2 minutes for tear down.
4. All songs and performances must be in good taste. Please keep performances PG-13: no excessive vulgar language, inappropriate exposure or gestures.
5. You are responsible for all of your own props. This includes instruments, additional microphones, etc. Two prop microphones will be available for use if needed.
You must supply a high quality CD, Mp3 file of your music selection.
6. Performances will be judged in the following categories: 1. Lip Sync Abilities 2. Appearance and Stage Presence 3. Overall creativity 4. Crowd Appeal and Audience Response
Perform a song that is fun and crowd appealing. Some of the best songs for lip syncing are upbeat tunes that allow for plenty of facial expressions and exaggerated movements. Costumes and props are strongly encouraged.
Be creative with your props, costumes and choreography. Remember that you are being scored on creativity and appearances, as well as your ability to lip sync. Bring your cheering section of family and friends and have fun!! 1. Performers may be solo or duet, no group performances. You can only sign-up to compete once. Check in time is 2:30 pm. Contest begins at 3:00 pm. If you are not signed in by 2:40 pm your spot will be forfeited.
Join us for the Cosplay Contest at the Vendor Wonderland Mini-Con! The contest begins at 1:00 pm with contestant check-in at 12:30 pm. Register now to secure your spot! Walk-on's will be added on a first come-first, serve-basis starting at 12:45 pm.
All ages and skill levels welcome! Your cosplay does not need to be handmade, but extra points will be given if it is! Costentants will be judged on Overall Effect, based on two main categories: construction and performance.
Construction includes overall construction/compilation of the cosplay, accuracy, design, difficulty, and attention to detail. Performance includes entertainment value, stage presence, and execution. Show us your best!
1. One entry per person! All entries will be individual, no groups, please.
2. No explosives or similar special effects. No realistic-looking weapons. When in doubt, leave it at home!
3. Family-friendly! This is an all-ages event, so please no nudity, vulgarity, or other questionable content. The staff reserves the right to ask you to make modifications or forfeit participation.
4. No profanity, political, or religious statements or signage. The staff reserves the right to ask you to make modifications or forfeit participation.
5. All parts of the contestant's cosplay and props must leave the stage with them. (No glitter, confetti, etc.)
6. You will have 3 minutes to walk and perform. Do your best!
7. Judges decisions are final.
We hope to see you there!